Following a successful live-streaming deployment around its 2-day continuous fundraising event, KRONEHIT, Austria’s only nationwide private radio broadcaster, uses the Bitmovin’s cloud-based encoding platform in combination with Bitmovin’s HTML5 Player to realize 24x7x365 live streaming in highest quality with MPEG Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (MPEG-DASH) & Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS).
What are the core challenges for KRONEHIT?
- MPEG-DASH & Apple HLS – 24/7 live-encoding
- Cover all devices and all platforms (Desktop, Tablets, Smartphones, SmartTVs/HbbTV)
- Deliver highest video (Full HD) and audio quality
- Usage of the 24/7 Live-Stream on SmartTVs
Bitmovin’s Solution, Services and Products for Live-Streaming
Bitmovin provides industry leading online streaming (OTT) solutions and enables high quality video streaming – live as well as on demand – over the web, guaranteeing smooth streaming without buffering and lowest startup delay with resolutions up to HD and 4K HLS and MPEG-DASH.
How could Bitmovin address the requirements of KRONEHIT?
- Bitmovin’s cloud-based transcoding platform, processed the 10Mbps input signal via RTMP push and transcoded the origin content to several qualities – 250kbps to 3Mbps – with quality levels for all devices – 240p, 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080p – in MPEG-DASH and Apple HLS format.
- Flexible distribution using scalable HTTP Content Delivery
- Bitmovin’s high quality MPEG-DASH and HLS player based on HTML5 and Flash, ensured the perfect video and audio playback of the encoded content. Learn more about MPEG-DASH vs HLS adaptive streaming.
Livestreaming with Bitmovin for Free
If you want to live stream your event with MPEG-DASH and HLS you can use our Bitmovin encoding service that offers a free plan with 2.5GB encoding output per month. That’s great for testing and playing around with our live streaming feature.
Tags: 24/7, apple http live streaming, bitcodin, bitdash, Case Study, Cloud Encoding, cloud transcoding, cloud video encoding, Encoding, Encoding Service, Flash Video Player, HLS, HTML5 Video Player, KroneHit, live streaming, MPEG-DASH, Music-Streaming, Transcoding, video encoding, video encoding service, Video Streaming, video transcoding