[Full-Time, Klagenfurt, Austria]
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria. The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including Ooyala, RTL, Pro7Sat1, Bouygues Telecom, Technicolor, Televisa, Zattoo and many others.
We believe our employees are the most valuable assets of our company. They drive Bitmovin’s success with their knowledge, experience and passion. Therefore we provide a high degree of freedom to our employees to initiate projects and take on responsibility, while paying a very competitive salary above the average.
Working at Bitmovin is international, fast-paced, fun and challenging. We’re looking for talented, passionate and inspired people who want to change the way media is consumed online. Join us to develop, sell and market the world’s best video infrastructure for the Web.
- Develop high-quality, reusable and scalable code that will be used by Bitmovin’s enterprise customers like Technicolor, Pro7, RTL, Irdeto, Zattoo, etc. and by millions of users worldwide
- Improve, extend and refactor products and services
- Develop new and enhance existing features as well as investigate and resolve issues
- Drive quality by writing unit, functional and performance tests
- Take ownership of features from design to implementation and testing to deployment
- Ensure quality by leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to stay ahead
- Adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- University and/or Higher Technical Schools Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or adequate
- Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- A sense of urgency and ownership over the product
- Comfortable with full-stack projects and able to build a minimum viable product quickly
- Working with an innovative, fast growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU and US
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Free snacks and great coffee
- Open spaced office
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- Company laptops also for private use
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!
Apply via firstname.lastname@example.org