Player Web Releases
- When a load was already underway, and
PlayerAPI.unloadare called, the already running load was not cancelled.
- Subtitles not shown when casting from mobile device
- Initial seeking/timeshifting with HLS streams that contain duplicate segment URIs
- Content sometimes not being restored correctly after an ad when using HLS streams with discontinuities
- Updated bundled
- Issue causing build failures when the
bitmovin-playeris used through npm
Added support for metadata events for custom HLS tags and improved Tizen playback performance.
MetadataParsedevents for Custom HLS tags
- Improved period switching performance
SegmentPlayback.presentationTimestamp, which provides the
presentationTimestampof the segment
- Replaced EXT-X-KEY URIs protocol with skd:// when ServiceWorker and Fairplay are used in order to correctly trigger DRM events on Safari.
ImaAdvertisingConfig.onAdsManagerAvailable. These callbacks can be used to access properties of the IMA SDK directly from the config
PlayerAPI.PlayerAdvertisingAPI.listwith active IMA Advertising Module will now return the list of scheduled ad breaks sorted by the preloadTime, same as in the Bitmovin Advertising Module
PlayerAPI.destroywill now first fire PlayerEvent.Destroy before disallowing API access and destroying the Player
PlayerAPI.getSeekableRangereturning 0 on a live stream before playback is started
- HLS streams with multiple audio tracks not starting on specific default track settings
- Inaccurate timeshifting on live streams with multiple Periods / Discontinuities
- Period switching on Tizen with active tizen module
Hotfix for an issue with FMP4 streams with fragmented subtitles
- Fragmented subtitles not being displayed after seek on
Added support for ServiceWorkers and speed up main content restoration after ad playback.
- Speed up main content restoration after ad breaks by prefetching segments during ad playback
- MediaRole on
SubtitleTracks exposed by the Subtitle API
TweaksConfig.prevent_video_element_preloadingto prevent native player from preloading data
- Support for
HLSsubtitle playlists with different number of discontinuities than audio/video content
- Reduced number of
TweakConfig.native_hls_parsingis active by utilizing
- Fixed typo in
- Some live streams not starting at the correct playback position
- Audio and video segments not being downloaded in sync with each other
- Player getting stuck when loading an IMA playlist that resolves in an empty VAST tag
- Subtitles are not shown on cast devices
- Cues with the same timestamps and same content are now detected as duplicates
- Fragmented subtitles with fMp4 HLS streams
- Player getting stuck after postroll ad on
HLSstreams with different audio/video length
- Unreasonably heavy quality drops after timeshifts in live streams
- Property access on
undefinedwhen using custom build player
Synchronize playback time on live streams for Chromecast sessions.
AdvertisingConfig.withCredentials, which can be used to specify whether to send credentials such as cookies or authorization headers along with ad requests.
- Synchronize playback position on Chromecast sessions for live streams.
withCredentials: trueper default for every ad related request.
PlayerEvent.SourceUnloadednot being fired when unloading the player during ad playback.
- Ad not being completely unloaded with VPAID ads when unloading the player during ad playback.
- Player not using complete HLS DVR window in case of shorter playlist duration than buffer level.
- Loading a valid source right after an invalid one potentially causing subsequent loads to fail.
SourceConfigOptions.startOffsetnot being applied correctly with HLS streams having resolutions >1080p.
- HLS live variant playlists reloaded twice in certain scenarios.
- HLS live manifests being requested too frequently
- Improved performance on low-end devices when playing back content for a long period of time
DRM support for Edge Anaheim
- DRM support for Edge Anaheim
- API documentation in JSON format
- Specific error in case a required module is missing for ad playback
- Main content not being correctly restored when playing back ad pods with the
IMA Advertising Module
- VMAP ads not played due to ad manifest parsing failure
Locationfor backup stream switching for DASH manifests
- PlayReady protected HLS streams not being played back correctly