Analytics Web Releases
- API to indicate a source change in VideoJS
- VideoJS rebuffering measurement method to be more accurate
- Metadata supplied in first
SourceConfigafter initial setup is now updated correctly
droppedFrameswas incorrectly measued and was always
- For VideoJS player: Prevent exception when the HLS
originto Analytics Collector configuration to set the origin on samples for devices that do not send the origin header in requests.
cookiesEnabled=true|falseto Analytics Collector configuration to disable cookies. Defaults to
true. If cookies are disabled,
userIdis not persisted across collector sessions.
- For Bitmovin Player v7 and v8: The selected audio language is available as
audioLanguagein the sample.
- For Bitmovin Player v7 and v8: Sample now contains
timeInViewportwasn't calculated correctly if ad playback was initially started outside of the viewport.
- Exception handling for very rare cases where sending a post request via XMLHttpRequest failed because the containing iFrame was already detached
- If using deferred license loading via the Player+Analytics bundling mechanism, the license key wasn't being updated in the samples.
- Ability to prevent initialization of the Analytics Module for Bitmovin Player v8 by setting
analytics: falsein the config.
player.destroywas called in the
- Removed confusing
console.erroron license responses that didn't specify an analytics key.
- TypeScript declaration files
- Ability to enable/disable the collector for specific sessions on each call of
- Starting with Bitmovin Player v8.10, Analytics will get the analytics license key automatically from the player, if a default license is specified in the dashboard.
- Collector Sessions that initially started with enabled: false did not report playerStartupTime, pageLoadTime, startupTime. They now get sent with the first enabled startup sample.
- Added tracking of used
- Tracking of the client's supported video codecs
- possible crash of ad module on Safari related to the viewport tracker
configto analytics configuration
- Configure backend url via
- Error segment tracking
- Sample now contains
errorDataJSON with additional information for Bitmovin 8 errors.
- Bitmovin Player v8.3 compatibility
- Improvements to the Ad Module with 8.3 (FallbackIndex and Waterfall level)
versionproperty on all analytics instances to get analytics collector version
player.analytics.versionproperty to get analytics collector version
window.bitmovin.analytics.versionproperty to get analytics collector version
- Bitmovin collector no longer pollutes the global scope when used in a requirejs/es6 context
- Added ads tracking (Bitmovin 8 only)
- Added bandwith measurements
- Sample now sends
webin a platform field
- AdSample now sends
webin in the platform field
- Sample now contains a
- Bitmovin7Adapter now checks if another analytics collector is already registered up
- Looping a video (Calling
playbackFinishedoccured) did not correctly generate a new impressionId