Analytics Web Releases
- Exception handling for very rare cases where sending a post request via XMLHttpRequest failed because the containing iFrame was already detached
- If using deferred license loading via the Player+Analytics bundling mechanism, the license key wasn't being updated in the samples.
- Ability to prevent initialization of the Analytics Module for Bitmovin Player v8 by setting
analytics: falsein the config.
player.destroywas called in the
- Removed confusing
console.erroron license responses that didn't specify an analytics key.
- TypeScript declaration files
- Ability to enable/disable the collector for specific sessions on each call of
- Starting with Bitmovin Player v8.10, Analytics will get the analytics license key automatically from the player, if a default license is specified in the dashboard.
- Collector Sessions that initially started with enabled: false did not report playerStartupTime, pageLoadTime, startupTime. They now get sent with the first enabled startup sample.
- Added tracking of used
- Tracking of the client's supported video codecs
- possible crash of ad module on Safari related to the viewport tracker
configto analytics configuration
- Configure backend url via
- Error segment tracking
- Sample now contains
errorDataJSON with additional information for Bitmovin 8 errors.
- Bitmovin Player v8.3 compatibility
- Improvements to the Ad Module with 8.3 (FallbackIndex and Waterfall level)
versionproperty on all analytics instances to get analytics collector version
player.analytics.versionproperty to get analytics collector version
window.bitmovin.analytics.versionproperty to get analytics collector version
- Bitmovin collector no longer pollutes the global scope when used in a requirejs/es6 context
- Added ads tracking (Bitmovin 8 only)
- Added bandwith measurements
- Sample now sends
webin a platform field
- AdSample now sends
webin in the platform field
- Sample now contains a
- Bitmovin7Adapter now checks if another analytics collector is already registered up
- Looping a video (Calling
playbackFinishedoccured) did not correctly generate a new impressionId
Analytics.versionreturns the version of the analytics collector
- Added support for native HTML5 Video playback via the
- Added specific adapter classes for each supported player technology
.augmentsyntax removed in favor of ES6 classes
.registersyntax removed in favor of ES6 classes
- Automatic Player detection is deprecated in favor of explicit Adapter creation
- Video Bitrate is now correctly reported before the first quality change events in all adapters
- Player version reporting has been improved.
- Fixed incorrect handling of
videoPlaybackWidthin HLS.js and Shaka.
- When loading a new video with Bitmovin Player v7 and v8, a new impression id was assigned before the last sample of the old impression has been sent to the server.
- Fixed error being thrown when
hls.destroy()is called because of a not correctly cleared timeout.
unkownfor video.js if included via npm or requirejs
- Not calling
player.loadin the same code-path after
new bitmovin.player.Player()will skew the
- Bitrate Information is not collected when using Native Safari Playback using the
HTMLVideoElementAdapter. This is due to the limitations of the Browser and not a bug.
- The HTML5 adapters and the VideoJs adapter won't assign a new impression id on
- Destroying a Shaka instance will not correctly clear all event handlers on the VideoElement. Re-Using the VideoElement with another Shaka instance will lead to the impression being tracked twice
- Player detection for Shaka when loaded via require and
window.Shakais not available.
- Player detection for HLS.js when loaded via require and
window.HLSis not available.
- Beta-Support for Shaka 2.3.7
- Beta-Support for HLS.js 0.7.11
- Shaka/HLS Adapter: Video width/heigth/bitrate is only available after the first videoQuality change event.