We are bringing colleagues from around the world together to host the first Hackathon in Bitmovin’s history that is dedicated to charity. We have been very fortunate to be able to focus our skills on something we love, changing the world of video. Over the course of the next few days, we are excited to give back by dedicating our skills to changing the world the best way we know how, by hacking. Their time and know-how will be focused on the development of new technologies that should increase our partners efficiency so that they can spend their time to help others rather than on less important tasks such as daily admin work.
The Hackathon will start on Thursday 16th of May at 3p.m. CET and will run until Monday 20th of May 3 pm CET.
Their time and know-how will be focused on the development of new technologies that should increase our partners efficiency so that they can spend their time to help others rather than on less important tasks such as daily admin work.
Without further ado, let’s talk about the projects and partners we are working with this Hackathon:
Krebshilfe Wien: The Austrian “Krebshilfe Wien” is assisting cancer patients with medical information, psychological counseling and employment law support. The organization provides education on prevention and early detection of cancer.
- We will help them by building a shared calendar including a room booking function.
- Reducing the time that it takes to organise meetings
- Providing a better overview of available rooms and people
- Increasing patient Privacy
Samariterbund Klagenfurt / Carinthia: The Workers Samaritan Federation – is an aid and welfare organization, engaged in areas such as civil protection, rescue services and social welfare services.
- We will help to create an app which helps them to communicate with teammates, schedule operations and to engage with their supporters (doghandlers)
- Reducing time and complexity that flows into their communication
- Faster organization of team meetings
Make a Wish Austria: Make-A-Wish is one of the world’s leading children’s charities and is helping by granting the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions
- Wishapp: Improving the Wishapp to enhance the experience for children submitting their wishes from the Phone.
- Wishboard: A collaboration platform to discuss wishes of kids with other volunteers.
- Improving the user experience which should lead to more wishes
- Simplify the communication between the involved parties
Caritas Klagenfurt / Carinthia:
Charitas provides service to people in need, to advocate for justice in social structures, and to call the entire Church and other people of good will to do the same.
- We will help to build a web-based collaborative documentation system
- Simplifying the documentation infrastructure to save them time with their daily tasks