Locations: Austria or Remote (EMEA)
Core skills: Streaming Media (OTT) Engineering, Technical Discovery and Development, Solutions Engineering
Bitmovin is a global Series-C SaaS scale-up that provides award-winning video streaming technology to world-renowned brands including Disney, Warner Brothers Discovery, BBC, Red Bull Media House, Hulu, and The New York Times, to name just a few.
At Bitmovin, we know that to be the best, we have to have the best people. So, we are an inclusive, flexible employer of some of the most impressive and diverse talent across the globe; with a culture that enables you to see success by being your best self.
Our Solutions Integration team is looking for a dynamite Solutions Architect to support our customers in using our products with a focus on Player application development. You will join a global integrations team working on many projects across all regions to troubleshoot customers' questions and remove obstacles and overcome technical challenges to enable a successful customer onboarding.
You will make an impact that matters by:
- Advising our customers on how to implement Bitmovin’s products into their video delivery systems and video streaming apps
- Collaborating with our customers to discover and document solution requirements
- Gaining unique insights into the inner workings of the world’s most exciting media and tech companies
- Guiding developers through complex technical software integrations using Bitmovin’s products
- Responding to difficult technical questions and issues raised by our customers during the product integration process
- Troubleshooting, researching and diagnosing product integration issues by investigating logs, error messages, and network traces
- Collaborating with others to optimize our internal and external processes, tooling, and documentation
- Providing field intelligence to other Bitmovin teams, including Product and Engineering, to continuously improve our products
- Assist in scoping integration projects including requirements, deliverables and timelines.
- Feed into ticket prioritisation processes to inform engineering priorities
- Performing professional services work and consulting to help customers integrate Bitmovin products within their tech stacks and also advising on the integration of third-party technologies
- Assist in non-standard projects such as complex trials, proofs of concept and product bake-offs
- Developing customer-facing documentation including how-to guides and tutorials
- Assisting Software Engineers in Support to resolve the most complex support issues
- Liaising with Engineering to obtain SME input and integration issues
It would be great if you have
- Experience in the Video/Streaming industry
- Experience in either building or supporting player applications across ideally all or at least some of the following platforms (Smart TV, Web, Android, iOS and ROKU).
- Experience with Bitmovin Player or working with native player types (native players such as ExoPlayer, AVPlayer, HTM5, commercial players).
- Experience debugging player use cases and applications, with a focus on resolving abnormal playback.
- Experience with github, NPM, Webpack
- Experience working with REST-based Web API Services, HTTP protocols and using tools such as Charles Proxy/Wireshark to analyze network traffic.
- Experience working with AWS cloud environments. Experience working with GCP and Azure cloud environments
- Excellent problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
It would be even better if you have
- Experience with Bitmovin Products (Playback, VOD Encoding, Live Encoding, Streams)
- Customer-facing software integration and architecture experience delivering and supporting mission-critical software systems in complex B2B environments
- Experience working with HLS and DASH online video streams and server-side ad insertion
- Drive to be a key contributor, willing to go the extra mile to achieve desired results
Why do this at Bitmovin?
There is a lot on offer here:
- View the benefits on our Careers Page
- Get to know our outstanding culture showcased on LinkedIn
- Check the employee reviews on Glassdoor
Apply for the role and let’s get talking!
**Bitmovin does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Bitmovin will be deemed gratuitous. The company will not be obligated to pay any fee if the candidate is hired**.