IT Support Specialist (Part-time 30+ hrs)
Locations: Vienna, Klagenfurt
(Mid/Senior) IT Support Specialist (Part-time 30+ hrs)
Core skills: IT system administration, network administration, IT support, license management, problem solving, team work, time management, critical thinking, adaptability, initiative
Bitmovin is a global Series-C SaaS scale-up that provides award-winning video streaming technology to world-renowned brands including Disney+, Discovery+, BBC, Red Bull Media House, Hulu, fuboTV, and The New York Times, to name just a few.
Our solution suite consists of a Video Encoder, Player, and Analytics platform, enabling content owners to redefine the viewer experience through API-based workflow optimization, fast turnaround, and scalability. Innovations include the first commercial HTML5 MPEG-DASH.
“We are constantly seeking out forward thinking individuals who want to shape the future of video… come and work with us!”
Stefan Lederer, CEO
At Bitmovin we value cognitive diversity and the huge part this plays in not only creating a global culture second to none, but in how this underpins our ability to create truly representative, Emmy award winning products. Diversity in all its forms is encouraged and celebrated at Bitmovin; everyone has a role to play in helping us shape the future of video.
Bitmovin is looking for passionate support professionals to join our SupportTeam as Part-Time IT Support Specialist. In this team, you will work closely with our engineering team and wider organization, supporting them in their day to day activities and working on streamlining the operational processes. This is an opportunity that offers:
- Facilitating development process of high-quality, high-performance, fault-tolerant, well-tested, reusable, and scalable code that will be used by Bitmovin’s enterprise customers like Discovery+, DAZN, BBC, RTL, RedBull Media House, Globo, ClassPass, The New York Times, and millions of users worldwide.
- Opportunity to work with a modern tech stack including Docker, Kubernetes.
- Diverse career opportunities and continuous growth
You will make an impact that matters by:
- Hardware Procurement and Workstation Setup: Source and acquire suitable hardware for both our current employees and new additions to the team. Ensure they are equipped with everything necessary to thrive in their roles, including the setup and configuration of workstations for new team members.
- Hardware Maintenance and Inventory Management: Keep our hardware in top shape by performing updates as needed and efficiently coordinating hardware repairs when required. Maintain an accurate inventory of all our hardware assets.
- License and Account Management: Skillfully manage licenses and user accounts for the array of services our engineering teams rely on. This includes widely used tools like Slack, Confluence, Jira, GitHub, and Google Workspace, ensuring seamless access and compliance.
- Vendor Relationship and Support Coordination: Foster productive relationships with software vendors and act as a liaison to troubleshoot and resolve any issues promptly. You'll be the point person for opening support tickets and ensuring timely resolutions.
- Employee Onboarding and Offboarding Assistance: Play a pivotal role in our employees' journeys by assisting in both onboarding and offboarding processes. Guarantee smooth transitions as team members join and leave the organization.
It would be great if you have
- Experience working in corporate IT support or similar position
- A good understanding of Windows and macOS operating systems, including setup and administration
- A good understanding of IP Networking and WLAN technologies
- Basic knowledge in IT security and firewalling
- Administrator experience with some/all of:
- Atlassian (JIRA Cloud)
- Active Directory
- Experience with Single Sign-on (SSO) setup and administration (e.g Okta)
- Regular office presence (Vienna, Klagenfurt)
It would be even better if you have
- Experience with hardware procurement and software licensing
- Okta administration experience
- Knowledge of a scripting language
- Experience with Linux system administration
You don’t have experience with all the points above? Don’t worry, we will support you with learning, training, and coaching on the job.
Life at Bitmovin
Find out more about us on our Careers Page
See what fellow Bitmovers are saying on LinkedIn
Check the employee reviews on Glassdoor
For all of our roles, we are willing to offer flexible working arrangements to support everyone’s unique circumstances.