Financial Controller / FP&A
Locations: Klagenfurt, Vienna
Core skills: Finance, Excel, Google Sheets, Financial Forecasting, Budgeting, -Cash-Flow, Accounting, Investor Reporting, Management Reporting, KPIs, Data Analytics
Bitmovin is a global Series-C SaaS scale-up that provides award-winning video streaming technology to world-renowned brands including Disney+, Discovery+, BBC, Red Bull Media House, Hulu, fuboTV, and The New York Times, to name just a few.
Our solution suite consists of a Video Encoder, Player, and Analytics platform, enabling content owners to redefine the viewer experience through API-based workflow optimization, fast turnaround, and scalability. Innovations include the first commercial HTML5 MPEG-DASH.
“We are constantly seeking out forward thinking individuals who want to shape the future of video… come and work with us!”
Stefan Lederer, CEO
At Bitmovin we value cognitive diversity and the huge part this plays in not only creating a global culture second to none, but in how this underpins our ability to create truly representative, Emmy award winning products. Diversity in all its forms is encouraged and celebrated at Bitmovin; everyone has a role to play in helping us shape the future of video.
Bitmovin is on the lookout for driven and enthusiastic professionals to join our finance team in the role of Finance Controller. If you've already gained a few years of valuable experience in the finance field and possess excellent spreadsheet skills, this could be the ideal next step in your career journey. Your passion for data analytics, meticulous attention to detail, and prior experience in FP&A, cost controlling, and budgeting will be essential assets in this role.
Depending on your interests, this is an opportunity that offers:
- Preparation of management & department reportings, performance analysis, investor reporting, budgeting & liquidity planning
- Collaboration with other departments and supporting the management team with reports for data driven decisions.
- Exposure to a wide range of accounting operations, including maintaining financial master data to ensure optimal data quality for the company’s financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Environment that encourages autonomy, flexibility, and innovation.
You will make an impact that matters by:
- Actively participate in budget processes, analyze actuals vs. budget, and collaborate with department heads.
- Review, propose changes to, and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) for trends and improvements.
- Assist in short-term and long-term liquidity planning, optimizing cash flow.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting for the management, board and investors, and provide insightful analysis.
- Autonomous handling of ad-hoc requests and creation of compelling presentations for informed decision-making.
- Support the Sales Organization by reviewing deals, revenue tracking, as well as calculation of commissions & bonuses
- Foster strong relationships with other teams, offering data-driven insights and analysis.
- Continuously improvement of tools and processes for efficiency
What can you bring
- Eagerness to learn how a modern tech scale-up operates
- Passion for data analytics with high attention to detail, problem-solving skills, critical thinking
- Efficient and structured work style paired with a proactive mindset and an ambition for continuous improvement
- Proven experience in financial planning and analysis, cost controlling, budgeting
- High proficiency in MS Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills (English, German is a plus)
- Some experience in working with databases / SQL / simple coding
You don’t have experience with all the points above? Don’t worry, we will support you with learning, training, and coaching on the job.
Life at Bitmovin
- Find out more about us on our Careers Page
- See what fellow Bitmovers are saying on LinkedIn
- Check the employee reviews on Glassdoor
For all of our roles, we are willing to offer flexible working arrangements to support everyone’s unique circumstances.