[Full-Time, Klagenfurt, Austria]
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria. The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including Ooyala, RTL, Pro7Sat1, Bouygues Telecom, Technicolor, Televisa, Zattoo and many others.
Managing systems around the world in all major clouds and serving millions of requests. Sounds interesting? DevOps Engineers at Bitmovin are hybrid software/systems engineers who ensure that we run smoothly and have the capacity for future growth.
Are you a resilient problem solver who isn’t afraid to think outside the box and get their hands dirty? We expect you to take ownership and be able to execute without defined processes and implicit direction. We’re looking for candidates who raise the level of our teams. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally. Are you ready for the challenge?
- Maintenance, performance tuning and upgrade of cloud infrastructure
- Development of infrastructure automation tools to eliminate manual effort, and to detect and resolve potential problems before they degrade
- Work with other teams to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve high impact issues
- Strong programming skills and verifiable mastery of one or several languages (Java, PHP, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of Shell scripting and container tools like Docker
- Knowledge of low level principles of computer and network components
- Working with an innovative, fast growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU and US
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Free snacks and great coffee
- Open spaced office
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- Company laptops also for private use
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!
Apply via firstname.lastname@example.org