Player iOS Releases
- Web UI breaks after system picker view was shown on iOS 12 +
- Support for image subtitles in Bitmovin UI
- Support for custom receiver configuration values (key/value pairs) within the
DownloadFinishedEventfor DRM license request and DRM certificate requests
- Updated to web UI version 2.19.0
- Compatibility with iOS 12
PlayerConfigurationobjects can now be deserialized from JSON by using the
- Documentation for
- Initializers to create
SourceIteminstances directly with a
- Broken import statement in
SourceItem(adaptiveSource:)are now failable
- Chromecast receiver application is not loading DRM protected source
- Now showing the fullscreen button in the default Bitmovin UI when the big replay button is shown at the end of a stream
- Allow preprocessing of DRM license requests directly before they're being sent
- New user interface type for only rendering subtitles without player UI controls
- Public error codes and improved error messages
- Stability improvements for Chromecast support
- Weakly reference
- Fix incorrect handling of
- Internal fixes and improvements
- Allow changing of subtitle tracks, audio tracks, and playback speed during casting
- Implemented that local playback resumes when casting is stopped and cast receiver was playing before
- Fix sending of alternating
onAudioChangedevents which happened under certain circumstances
- Fix that cast receiver can be muted during casting using the local UI
- Fix that time updates are received more frequently during casting
BMPAdaptationConfigurationwhich contains a setting to restrict the maximum bitrate which can be selected by the ABR logic.
- Added API call
BMPBitmovinPlayerto allow changing the maximum selectable bitrate dynamically during playback.
BMPStyleConfigurationwhich can be used to supplement the main UI stylesheet with additional styles.
- Allow ClearKey DRM configurations for stream sources which are used for casting.
- Fix cookie storage related issue for authentication token protected streams.
- Added support for background playback.
- Sideloaded subtitles can now be specified on the
RemoteConfigurationwhich can amongst others be used to provide a different stream configuration for remote playback.
- Updated Google IMA SDK to latest stable version (3.7.0)
- Updated Google Cast SDK to latest stable version (4.1.0)
- Performance improvements and internal refactorings
- Fixed bug where
onDurationChangedevent was not fired properly after a new source was loaded.
- Offline content downloads can now be suspended and resumed
- Partially downloaded content is not automatically purged anymore when the application is terminated by the user while downloads are running
- Support for externally controlled subtitles
- Fix issue when system UI is used inside a navigation view controller
- Fix that
BitmovinPlayergets sometimes unresponsive when initialized under very bad network conditions
- Bitmovin UI now respects safe areas of iPhone X
- Fix that captions are not shown when system UI is used